Wow. It took me 10 min to come up with a title for this blog.
If I was any bit of a perfectionist I would have spent more time thoughtfully thinking of the most 'artistic/ interesting/ heart breaking/ stageringly genius title' but I'm not that kind of artist. Of course, I'll also blame the title angst on the fact that all the 'brilliant' titles have been taken. But perhaps those were the obvious titles and mine is much more brilliant- it's alliteration!
Nonetheless I am here blogging- this time for real. I swear this will not be a promo site. No, I wrote promo (an in promotional) not porno you perv.
I am writing this with the intention of keeping a record of my ... adventure. Ya, that's the word. If I try to write the word 'move' it brings tears to my eyes. Adventure has much more sparkle and joy to scare away the tears but ... yep there they are leaking from my eyes.
I am moving away from home. Currently home is Vancouver, BC- a city I wanted to live in since I was 13 years old. At the age of 21 I moved here and have lived here for ... 7 years now. Yep, your math is above a grade 2 level - I'm 28.
I am moving to London- the real one- in less than a month. It's starting to sink in how little time I have left. Basically I have one weekend left in Vancouver. Next weekend I'm visiting my Mama. The one after that I'm performing in Seattle. Then the one after that I'm doing my big farewell show/ party .. ok technically in Vancouver but I'm going to be busy prepping for that. Then it's the last one...ever?
Today I had an open house to get rid of my stuff because I am selling EVERYTHING. Pretty much. Everything except my journals and poetry books. I don't think I'll be back anytime soon, as much as I love it here, I just don't feel like Vancouver has much to offer me at the moment.
Oh, it breaks my heart. I've had a crush on Vancouver for such a long time, but it just never loved me back... or never showed it's affection for me in the ways I wanted like a good career and financial success. So I will move a way to an even more expensive city and spend more money getting an MA. Ya, that totally makes sense.
... and now that we're up to speed on the who, what, where and why I will begin to use this forum as a journal of my heart, stomach, eyes and digestive system (all metaphorically, of course) of my adventure of a lifetime.
Here's to living the Canadian Dream: being accepted elsewhere.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment