Monday, August 18, 2008

Happiest Girl in the World

I have booked my flight out of Vancouver to go back home to Calgary. I was on the phone with my father and during my online reservation I began to sob. So, that was the moment of realization. On Sept 14 I will officially be out of Vancouver.

Maybe it hit so hard because I just had a lovely day bike riding along the entire seawall with my dear friend Melissa. Melissa, who will be leaving Vancouver in less than two weeks, and I rode all around Stanley Park along the seawall and bike routes to Spanish Banks. That's about as far as you can go. It took us about 3 hours including a lovely stop for lunch.

This city is so beautiful. So, so beautiful. From every angle and every speed.

I am temped to post a photo of myself someone sent me from a recent night out dancing. They sent it to me with the caption 'happiest girl in the world.' I look amazing in it. A bright blue dress, with my hair flying around my smile. I do look like the happiest girl in the world. Happy because I am living in the moment- except when the moment is one I realize there is a time limit on my stay.

I don't think I'll post the photo, as I'd like to keep this blog strictly writing... but I know I will break that rule soon. I'll hold on to the image and post it when I need a reminder of my glory days.

No comments: