Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Whims

So, it seems to me that I'm the type of person who walks through doors when they open. Sometimes this may not be the 'right' choice but it's certainly been the most interesting one. Heck, it's got me to where I am right now- in London getting an MA (well, thanks to the push from Joleen).

Yet again, on a whim, I've applied to the Edinburgh Fringe.

Well, first you have to apply to a venue. I only applied to two The Zoo Venues and the Pleasance Theatre. I have been offered a late afternoon spot at the Zoo Venues in their cabaret space and the Pleasance offered me a great spot 5 pm.

Of course, the show I'll be doing is my Teen Angst solo show I did at Bumbershoot 2008 and the Toronto Fringe in 2007 - F*ck Off and Die: Tales in Teen Angst Poetry.

http://www.zoovenues.co.uk/
http://www.pleasance.co.uk/edinburgh/

Right now I'm making the decision on which venue to choose- it's difficult and I'm getting great feedback from some people who have been there before. It reminds me of less than a year ago when I was faced with the decision of which MA program to attend. I'm sure that I made the right decision on that- here's hoping I will again.

I put this message out to the Facebook world and one of my wonderful teachers from Studio 58 offered me these inspirational quotes:


- "There is a small sure voice in you and it knows what to do. Follow that voice inside that calls to you"
- "Beginnings are brand new chances"
- "Often our best beginnings are trapped in our head -Find the courage to let your beginnings travel freely"
- "Be the person that starts new wonders"
- "Adventures are nourishment for the soul"


My life, as it seems, is an adventure.

No comments: