Happy Moment number 1:
I got an e-mail from National Public Radio yesterday to ask if a poem from my book "fuck off and die' was mine because they were going to read it on air. .. um that's not my book title... it's my solo show.
It's completely bizarre. How did they know about me?
Listen to NPR properly pronouncing my last name properly and reading some words I apparently wrote: http://www.npr.org/templates/
When I listened to it, it sounded familiar but I don't remember publishing those words- not even online. Then after about half and hour it clicked.
Go here for the obscure referencing point they took my words from: http://www.nationalpost.com/
Tres bizarre- how did they every come across that?
Happy Moment number 2:
A few hours after sunset, say 6 pm, I caught a wave of 'oh I'm in a big dirty city away from all my friends' when I got a lovely text message from a friend out of town.
It looks as though technology is able to warm the heart. Single tear.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring...

No comments:
Post a Comment