Sunday, July 26, 2009

Update

I haven't been in the mood to post lately due to my birthday angst. Thank goodness that's over and life is finally getting back on track.

It's my last year of my 20s and I've started to take account of all the things I've done and haven't done. (I'll spare you the list). I must say I've accomplished a lot in my life but this year really took its tole on me. My mind is racing with all the things I think I should have done this year, but as many people have told me doing an MA is very trying.

I'm in the midst of MA hell, working and reworking my final submission; going from loving and hating my work every half hour. I really have no perspective on it now. I hope to finish it in the next three weeks, then send it off to be proof read - because I can't do that for myself. Then I hope to get some more traveling. I have less than 50 days left in London and I want to make them count.

So here's what I did today in an attempt to make the day count:

Finally went to the Serpentine Gallery and saw the Jeff Koons exhibit.
Walked around my favorite park: Hyde Park.
Checked out Speakers Corner and listened to people rant about America, Jesus and the Middle East.
Walked through Piccadilly Circus (yawn).
Walked through Trafalgar Square (again).
Walked to the South Bank.
Went to the Poetry Library.
Played in a Music Experiment thing (hard to describe).
Took the bus home along the Thames looking at the London Eye and Parliament.

Just another average day in London. I'm so used to those sights that they no longer excite me. I've got to stop taking this city for granted.

This week I hope to finally see Waiting for Godot, visit Brighton and get my butt to a party on the East Side.

No comments: