Thursday, September 18, 2008

Calgary- Strep Throat Sept 14-17

So, I get to Calgary Sunday night very sleepy. Sunday sleep was feverish. I’m talking night sweats like I haven’t had since my bout with mono. Ugh. Perfect. Monday I wait it out but my joints ache, my skin hurts, my whole body shudders into a sleep all day long. So much for catching up with my few remaining friends in Calgary. I’m so sorry AJ and Soupy. Tuesday I go to the dentist where the hygenist whom I’ve been going to since I was 7 insists I go to the Dr- like the Mama Bear she’s always been.

I get antibiotics for strep throat, so I’m the one that’s going to get everyone sick on the plane. At least I know I’m not going to get much worse (knock wood).

Calgary is experiencing an Indian Summer. I sit outside with my Father thanking him for this opportunity he’s helping me have and I get a sun burn. Not a bad one. I’m ok with it- it may very well be the last time I see the sun.

No comments: