Saturday, October 11, 2008

Madame Tussauds

Normally when I travel I rarely do any touristy stuff. Because I'm above all that. I get a high when other tourists ask me for directions. But today I did the ultimate of London touristy stuff. I went to Madame Tussauds.

Now I would never have gone here if it wasn't for free. I lucked out and on my day of registration I made friends with this lovely Californian named Jenny. Turns out Jenny has friends who work for the Merlin corp. or whatever owns Tussauds and the London Eye, and so Jenny got hooked up with free passes.

I am a total ham and had so much fun that I'm going to break my own self set blog rules and post some photos for those of you who aren't on Facebook. (Don't worry I hear something bigger and better is about to come along anyway).

I love Oscar Wilde- here's why:

"Oh, I don't think I would care to catch a sensible man. I shouldn't know what to talk to him about."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 2
"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 2
"All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling. To be natural is to be obvious, and to be obvious is to be inartistic."
"Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance."
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
"Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocrities."



It's good to know that Canadians are represented- and that we get along so well!



And they even let me sing!



I've never seen any of his movies but I couldn't resist - he's so darn cute!!!



I never thought I would have so much fun at a cheesy museum who's soul purpose is to have people stand next to 'celebrities.' But I really enjoyed myself- and the cost was right!

No comments: