One of the things I am missing about Vancouver is my lovely beauty parlor Silky Touch at 41 Ave and Fraser. I used to go there every three weeks to get my eyebrows threaded. Now it has been over a month, oh nearly two months, since my last eyebrow treatment. I've been looking around London for threading places and I know my eyebrows will never be the same.In London threading can cost as much as 70 pounds that's nearly $140. At Silky touch I would pay $5. How the frick is that possible? I know that this is a skill but this price difference is extreme or robbery.
Just check out the prices at this fancy beauty clinic which Time Out put down as one of their 100 things to do before you leave London. http://www.vaishaly.com/acatalog/Clinic-Price-List.html
Other places in London that I've found which are cheaper than Vaishaly's are still expensive at 15 pounds just for eyebrows ($30). Looks like I'll be growing out my eyebrows for a while. Or cave to the pain of waxing them. Ugh. There's no place like home.

No comments:
Post a Comment