It's funny how people come in and out of your life.
First you meet, you become friends, share laughs, then we move around the world, start new jobs, start school programs, follow whims which weren't even a thought bubble around your head a year ago.
This weekend a friend had a layover in London on her way to start a job in Ethiopia. We went to the Tate Modern Museum's members lounge (because I'm a member) and had coffee and cake. Thirteen years ago we used to have lunch together in the back of the cafeteria with the rest of our alternative punk rock friends in our suburban high school in Calgary. I was going to be an actor. She was going to be an artist. We've achieved these dreams but they took very different paths than we ever expected them to.
I keep finding myself in these moments of awe and wondering how I got here. I am so thankful for being here and all that I'm experiencing, have and will soon experience. I am thankful for moments where lives reconnect six stories up and across from St. Paul’s.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Friends in London
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment