Monday, April 13, 2009

Still Cranky and Partially Numb with Builders Who Call Each Other Rapists


IMG_2043, originally uploaded by BiddieB.

This is a photo of the living room in my flat from last week. It's not a great photo but hopefully it conveys the hell I've been living in. In this photo you should be able to see that there is no ceiling. No ceiling. Is this safe? I doubt it. The plaid thing in the upper right corner is an old mattress that was found in the 100+ year old attic which was full of soot. Shudder.

We're going into week three of construction here. Everything is now covered in dust and plaster and other bits and pieces. I'm sneezing and itchy. The builders who are lovely chaps, despite their flair for calling each other colorful insults (like rapist and cunt), show up between 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning. Which is great because I can't fall asleep before 1 am.

My leg is still numb. I don't have full use of the muscles in my calf. Which means I can't walk without a limp yet. My last physio appointment was all about getting my core strength back, which felt kind of pointless because a) I have no space at home to do my exercises in b) I'd rather fix my nerve damage than work on my core since I'm hyper-mobile and have done yoga and pilates for the last 10 years. Now I can't sleep through the night because I've been sleeping on my right side for months now and my right hip is very sore which wakes me up for more drugs.

One more week until the builders are out of here completely - we hope! Nine more days until I get to see the specialist to find out the results of my MRI. And seventeen more days until I have to hand in 10,000 words for my MA.

I hope summer takes a wonderful turn for the better. On a positive note, the sun is staying out until 7:30 and that's glorious. It really is.

No comments: