Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Amsterdam


IMG_2852, originally uploaded by BiddieB.

June has been a very busy month, so I have a lot of catching up blog stories to tell.

I think I'm going to go through my Flickr page and tell stories about the photos, which is the exact opposite way that I began this blog site, but that's how it goes. It's a learning process.

So, Amsterdam. My friend Natalie and I had planned our trip for months, but not really. Looking back on it I suppose we should have planned a little bit more but we thought we'd figure it out as we went. Instead I bought a travel guide two days before we arrived and made some tentative lists of things to do and see.

First impression of Amsterdam wasn't all that great. We got to our B and B and walked down the main street to check out the red light district and have an adventure but on the way I got body checked by some jerk, maybe because I was walking on the left side, as I have adopted it from living in the UK for almost a year now. He yelled at me, "watch where you're going" and then I cried, thinking back to getting punched in Edinburgh. I guess I just have one of those faces people want to mess with.

No comments: