Sigh.
There must be some reason for this.
I have been suffering from a back injury (disk between L3 and L4 has shifted to the left of my spine, escaping to somewhere it shouldn't be) since December.
I finally registered with a GP, which was not a fun thing to do. Lets just say they don't make it easy. They don't even answer the phone with "Hello Doctor's Surgery" - Just a 'Ya?" (Note: Dr's offices are called surgeries here. The NHS here does not appear to be into preventative medical care. So, I got referred to a physio therapist on Feb 27 or apparently 5 days later because their 'computers crashed.' I'm still waiting for that referal, despite going into the office unable to walk because the pain radiating down my leg was so bad.
Sigh.
So this week I went to a private physiotherapist and it's helping. Thank God! They gave me exersizes and stretches to do at home and it's helping so much. Yesterday I was able to walk several blocks without experiencing pain which was such a blessing. I'm finally able to do some back bends and the pain is localizing in my back and not radiating down my leg anymore.
Of course, all this pain and suffering has led itself to come disruptions in my great plan. I've dropped my show out of the fringe. I just didn't think I could manage my recovery (which they tell me say still take a few months), finishing my MA and preparing for the Fringe (not sure if I'll be able to walk in August).
So, that's where I'm at today. Stretching, praying for recovery and thankful for every block I can walk- again.
Oh yeah and 2 weeks later I'm still waiting for that referral from the GP.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment