I may have done a stupid thing. I pulled out of the fringe.
The response I got from the Pleasance was, "That's a shame. I think your show is cracking." Which is a wonderful compliment. And now I feel like I pulled out too soon.
I was afraid because I hadn't walked without pain for a month. Because they were using the words MRI and surgery. Because I was not happy with my work for my MA. Because I hadn't left my flat in a a month (minus the trip to Berlin). Because I was depressed and angry with my body. Because I'd never taken so long to recover from an injury before.
They say everything happens for a reason so now I'm trying to move on (literally walking again!). I've got an MRI scheduled on Friday and still more physio appointments booked because I'm not 100%. I'll just have to used this opportunity to gig, to work really hard on my MA and to take the time to travel. I still don't know what I'll do when the MA is finished. Doing the Fringe would have opened up opportunities for other gigs within the country. So perhaps that chance has passed. I came here on a whim, I applied on a whim, maybe now someone else's whim will influence my direction.
After all I can do the fringe next year, right?
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment