
Friday night I began to get pins and needles, tingling and such in my left foot. I woke up Saturday morning to a cramp in my left calve. I tried to walk and discovered that I had a limp again. Again! I was doing so well. I had seven glorious days of walking relatively pain free! I was on the road to recovery. Today, Monday, I still have pins and needles and I'm still annoying the city of London, traveling slowly down staircases in tube stations.
I had a physiotherapist appointment today and he was disappointed in the decline in my progress, since I was doing so well. Then he asked, "What happened on Friday?"
"Well, nothing. I haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary just walking to the tube and sitting and doing my exercises.... Oh wait, Friday I had an MRI."
"Yeah, that's what did it."
So, the thing that was supposed to help me find out what was wrong with me actually made me worse. Of course, it did! I'm not allowed to lie on my back at all, let alone for 20 minutes without moving. ARRRRGGGH!!!
If this feeling of cramping and numbness doesn't go away in a few days, I have to go back to the physiotherapist a few times a week. It's worth noting that every time I go to physio it cost the equivalent of $100 Canadian dollars. Yes, I'm still waiting for the NHS referral- 4 weeks and counting. But my health is worth it. I'm so thankful I have money in the bank to pay for this and a family that helps me out.
At least I have a sense of humour about this now. I hope to get the results of the MRI sometime this week, but it will probably happen sometime the week after.
Sigh. At least I know it really was a good idea to cancel the Fringe- just how long is this going to go on for?

No comments:
Post a Comment